Sunday, April 26, 2009

Martha Stewart, Eat your heart out!

I am going to start this post off with a little back ground in my ability (or lack there of) to grow petunias. Last year I planted almost 20 purple petunia plants in my front flower bed. Needless to say, before summer was even over they were all dead. Convinced petunias are not my friend, they were not on my shopping list this year when I bought flowers to redo the beds with. As I took on the overgrown flower bed pulling the weeds and turning the mulch into the dirt, what did my eyes see.....a tiny little petunia plant with one purple flower. I dropped the shovel and ran into the house knowing as soon as I shared this excited news with Matt he would leap from his chair and share in my joy. YEAH RIGHT! I got an eye roll and he went right back to watching ESPN. I carefully transplanted into my cute green Fiesta pot and placed him on my back porch coffee table. I am proud to say this morning he BLOOMED for the SECOND time. Yes, you heard me correct. Did I mention, the peas sprouted today as well. I am pretty sure my thumb became a little greener today.












Today I managed to replace 3 light switches, without electrocuting myself. We have had these timers for over a year now and they have yet to be installed. As I was watching the DIY network, they showed how to install a motion sensor in an outlet. It didn't look that hard so I was instantly inspired to give it a go. After staring at the breaker box for several minutes trying to figure out which of the four breakers labeled; switch/outlet; I should turn off, I went with all four. I wasn't taking any chances, I've seen Home Improvement and I was not about to be Tim Allen. I am proud to say, my front porch light now turns on at 7:45pm and turns off at 10pm and I don't have to flip a switch. Below you will see the before and after pictures. Oh yeah, I didn't electrocute myself either! All and all it was a pretty productive Sunday.








2 comments:

  1. you are a-mazing! move over martha!! love that purple petunia!! i went outside and told your story to hannah lantana...everyone needs a little friendly competition, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wasn't too too nervous about traveling while hugely pregnant...we just knew that a cruise wouldn't be a great idea just in case of any sort of emergency.

    So we stuck to an island that we felt would have a decent enough facility if need be...

    The food was okkkay, typical all-inclusive food. The kind you get sick of after about 3 days :) I was so happy to be at the beach though that I really didn't mind that I was eating the same thing everyday, ha!!

    ReplyDelete