Thursday, April 9, 2009

500 Eggs and 1 Diaper Change

Today we had an egg hunt in my classroom; 16 kids taking on 500 plastic eggs. It was total mayhem. How did I stuff 500 eggs you ask? Well......I didn't. Each table in my classroom had a bowl of candy and toys and plastic eggs. My kiddos really enjoyed filling the eggs. You would think with as many eggs as we had it would take at least 15 minutes to find them all. YEAH RIGHT! There was not an egg in sight in only five minutes.

After the speedy egg hunt we moved inside for our party. There is nothing like five year olds hopped up on Capri suns and cupcakes to make nap time completely POINTLESS.

Matt, Mckenna, and I were leaving shortly after our party to go the Valley for Easter so Matt came to the school to pick Mckenna up for some Daddy time. He knew about my party and brought my kids some candy and cookies; making him their new best friend. I need him to come to my classroom more often. As soon as he walked through the door a silence hit the room unlike any other. I looked at my kids and their chins were on the ground. One little boy was walking across the room and didn't notice him until he was right in front of Matt. He stopped in his tracks and just stared at him. Finally one little boy broke the silence with, "Mr. Matt did you grow?"

For those of you who have not heard, Matt is yet to change a diaper. Yes you heard me correctly, of the approximate 1,000 diaper changes Mckenna has been through in her four months of life not one of them has been done by her father. Well I am proud to say this is no longer true. During Matt and Mckenna's daddy daughter time there was a diaper change included. Now if you ask Matt he did no such thing. Little does he know, I emptied the diaper genie this morning before I went to work. When I came home Matt had Mckenna on the changing table and there was a diaper in the genie. It might have taken four months but better now than never. He is lucky he decided to do it when she was just nursing. Wait until the cereal and baby food kicks in.

1 comment: