Tuesday, March 10, 2009

K-Man's 1st Birthday




Keenan first birthday was on March 10th. Oh what a weekend it was. Mckenna and I were going to go to College Station after school on Friday. Little did I know my plans would be made according to Mckenna. We went to sleep on Thursday night. Mckenna woke up in the wee morning on Friday screaming. She could not be consoled. She was running a temperature and threw up all over me. The poor thing didn't even have her eyes open she just kept crying. We sat in the rocking chair in her room until she finally settled down around 6am. Luckily out pediatrician could fit us in Friday morning. She said it was just a virus. I was making the cake for Keenan's party so we had to go to College Station. We got there in the early evening on Friday and came home on Sunday. I think I spent more time in the kitchen than I got sleep all weekend long. It was worth every second. Keenan LOVED his cake (it was a GIANT cupcake) and my cookies were a huge hit. We thought Keenan would dive right into it but he just wanted to poke his fingers into the dots on the cake. The picture above in of Jennifer Rader and Mckenna. Jenn was such a life saver while I was finishing up the cakes and cookies and Mckenna loved every minute of being held by her.


No comments:

Post a Comment