Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day = Shots, Flowers, Mimosas and Breakfast







February 13, 2009 was a day of many milestones. It marked what would have been the 60th wedding anniversary of my grandparents. I had a great conversation with my grandmother. She told me of the trials and tribulations of getting married at six months into their relationship and being only 19, how Big Daddy was 11 years older than she, how he was the love of her life and how much she misses him. Their love is one for the books and I am so blessed to have had their examples to instill in my own marriage.

February 13, 2009 also marked the day of Mckenna's first round of SHOTS! Yes I said it. You don't know pain until you see you child being hurt by someone else and you can't do anything to stop it. Luckily, Matt went with me to make sure I didn't slap the nurse for making Mckenna scream. There were three shots in total and the cries were louder with each one. As you can see in the picture she was fine. I am still recovering!!! Before we left school to go to the doctor I was called up to the front desk. As I walked around the corner their was the most beautiful bouquet of roses. I was smiling from ear to ear. I grabbed the card to read it and in Matt's handwriting it said Love, Mckenna. What a great way to start my day.

On Valentine's Day Matt had the day off and made breakfast and mimosas. It was such a nice treat. We lounged around the house and didn't do much. It was FANTASTIC. Jake did get the biggest raw hide bone I have ever seen. It was his 6th birthday after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment